HealthConnect marks our fourth and final study of 2012. Throughout this month we will be studying the intersection between the health industry and technology; more specifically, social media and consumer technologies. Questions and themes we will be discussing will include:
- How have tablets and smartphones impacted the delivery of health care
- How can social media help deliver quality care efficiently
- What are the policy and ethical implications of social media and consumer gadgets in health care
- What are the future possibilities available to Canadians in accessing health care and information via their smartphones and social media
We invite all of you to participate in this conversation. Here’s where you can participate:
- Every week we will be releasing at least 2 articles and 1 online interview on our website. To keep up to date, all you have to do is subscribe to our RSS feed at http://xconnectto.com/feed/.
- Follow our Twitter account @XConnectTO as well as our Hashtag: #HCTO.
- We have also set up an event page on Epilogger.
- You can “Like” us on Facebook and follow the conversation there too!
To anchor our study we will be hosting our HealthConnect Panel Discussion at 221 Yonge Street in Toronto on the evening of October 24 2012. We would love to see you there. As with all our studies this year, we will be releasing our end of study Report. Expect to see the HealthConnect Report to be released near the end of this month. Everyone who registers for the Panel Discussion will receive the HealthConnect Report via email at no charge. So visit the site and register to attend today!